Acceptable Usage Policy
This page explains Open Constitution's Acceptable Usage Policy of Foundation maintained digital public goods and services infrastructure.
UPDATED 27th Nov 2022
PART 1: ALL DIGITAL PUBLIC GOODS AND SERVICES INFRASTRUCTURE
All the digital public goods and services infrastructure, maintained by the Muellners Foundation shall be available to General Public, in accordance with the Open Access Charter.
PART 2: SPECIAL ADDITIONS FOR LEGAL BODIES(OPEN CONSTITUTION PARTNER PROGRAM)
Dedicated and Managed Services in connection with the digital public goods and services infrastructure, can be availed by the Partners of the Muellners Trust.
PART 3: SPECIAL ADDITIONS FOR DIGITAL SERVICES CREDITS
Partners can avail benefits from the co-operative of Muellners Trust, in accordance with the Articles of Association: Legal Bodies: Open Constitution, and community guidelines of the Open Constitution Partner Program.
Read relevant Open source documentation which bring inherent characteristics to this Acceptable Usage Policy as a consequence of Muellners Foundation abiding by the Terms of the platform(s) mentioned in the below literature:
- Github Terms of Service: https://docs.github.com/en/site-policy/acceptable-use-policies/github-acceptable-use-policies
- 1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- 2. User Safety
- 3. Intellectual Property, Authenticity, and Private Information
- 4. Spam and Inauthentic Activity
- 5. Site Access and Safety
- 6. Services Usage Limits
- 7. Information Usage Restrictions
- 8. Privacy
- 9. Excessive Bandwidth Use
- 10. Advertising
- 11. User Protection
Short version: We host a wide variety of collaborative projects from all over the world, and that collaboration only works when our members are able to work together in good faith. While using the Service, you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policies, which include some restrictions on content, conduct and activity in Foundation spaces related to member safety, intellectual property, privacy, authenticity, and other limitations. In short, be excellent to each other.
Capitalized terms used but not defined in these Acceptable Use Policies have the meanings assigned to them in our Glossary.
You are responsible for using the Service in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and all of our Acceptable Use Policies. These policies may be updated from time to time and are provided below, as well as in our Terms of Service and Enterprise Terms of Services.
Open source intellectual property, produced as a consequence of the Open Constitution, cannot be used under any circumstances, by a public authority or a government agency of a member state of UNO for the purposes of armed conflict, including but not limited to, whether the public authority with a social, civil or economic jurisdiction of a UNO member state, supports any form of aggression over another self sovereign public authority.
We do not allow content or activity on Foundation's "infrastructure as a platform" that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- is sexually obscene or relates to sexual exploitation or abuse, including of minors;
- is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
- is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
- is false, inaccurate, or intentionally deceptive information and likely to adversely affect the public interest (including health, safety, election integrity, and civic participation);
- harasses or abuses another individual or group, including our employees, officers, and agents, or other users;
- threatens or incites violence toward any individual or group, especially on the basis of who they are;
- gratuitously depicts or glorifies violence, including violent images; or
- is off-topic, or interacts with platform features in a way that significantly or repeatedly disrupts the experience of other users.
- is in violation of the Community guidelines and Articles of Association of the Foundation: Open Constitution.
We do not allow content or activity on Foundation's "infrastructure as a platform" that:
- infringes any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right;
- unlawfully shares unauthorized Finscale product licensing keys, software for generating unauthorized product licensing keys, or software for bypassing checks for product licensing keys, including extension of a free license beyond its trial period;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false association with Foundation, or by fraudulently misrepresenting your identity or site's purpose; or
- violates the privacy of any third party, such as by posting another person's personal information without consent.
We do not allow content or activity that is:
- automated excessive bulk activity and coordinated inauthentic activity, such as
- cryptocurrency mining;
- bulk distribution of promotions and advertising prohibited by Foundation terms and policies;
- inauthentic interactions, such as fake accounts and automated inauthentic activity;
- rank abuse, such as automated starring or following;
- creation of or participation in secondary markets for the purpose of the proliferation of inauthentic activity;
- using Foundation as a platform for propagating abuse on other platforms;
- phishing or attempted phishing; or
- using our infrastructure for any form of excessive automated bulk activity, to place undue burden on our servers through automated means, or to relay any form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers, such as get-rich-quick schemes.
We do not allow content or activity on Foundation infrastructure and platform that:
- directly supports unlawful active attack or malware campaigns that are causing technical harms — such as using our platform to deliver malicious executables or as attack infrastructure, for example by organizing denial of service attacks or managing command and control servers — with no implicit or explicit dual-use purpose prior to the abuse occurring; or
- uses our platforms to disrupt or to attempt to disrupt, or to gain or to attempt to gain unauthorized access to, any service, device, data, account or network. Please note, activities permitted under bug bounty programs, such as the Open Bounty are not considered “unauthorized.”
You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without our express written permission.
You may use information and analysis from our Service for the following reasons, regardless of whether the information was scraped, collected through our API, or obtained otherwise:
- Researchers may use public, non-personal information from the Service for research purposes, only if any publications resulting from that research are open access.
- Archivists may use public information from the Service for archival purposes.
Scraping refers to extracting information from our Service via an automated process, such as a bot or webcrawler. Scraping does not refer to the collection of information through APIs.
Misuse of User Personal Information is prohibited.
Any person, entity, or service collecting data from the Service must comply with the Foundation Privacy Statement, particularly in regards to the collection of User Personal Information. If you collect any User Personal Information from the Service, you agree that you will only use that User Personal Information for the purpose for which that User has authorized it. You agree that you will reasonably secure any User Personal Information you have gathered from the Service, and you will respond promptly to complaints, removal requests, and "do not contact" requests from us or other users.
Short version: We do not generally prohibit use of Foundation's infrastructure and platforms for advertising. However, we expect you to follow certain limitations, so Foundation does not become a spam haven. No one wants that.
You may not promote or distribute content or activity that is illegal or otherwise prohibited by our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies, including excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming), get-rich-quick schemes, and misrepresentation or deception related to your promotion.
If you decide to post any promotional materials using your membership Account, you are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation the relevant and appropriate Federal Trade Commission's Guidelines on Endorsements and Testimonials(local law). We reserve the right to remove any promotional materials or advertisements that, in our sole discretion, violate any Foundation terms or policies.
You must not engage in activity that significantly harms other subscribers, users, partners and members of Foundation.
We will interpret our policies and resolve disputes in favor of protecting majority as a whole.
Enforcement. Foundation retains full discretion to take action in response to a violation of these policies, including account suspension, account termination, or removal of content. Please also see our Community Guidelines for actions you can take if something or someone offends you.
Credits: Inspired by Github Acceptable Usage Policy (100% 😒)
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Legal Helpdesk, please raise a ticket at Open Constitution Help Center. or by post to: C/o Muellners ApS, Nygade 3, 4.2 København, 1164, Denmark,