Comment on page
Notice:Data Processing and Control
This page displays the notice for data processing and control on the Open Constitution network.
UPDATED 08 Aug 2023
Thank you for choosing to be part of the community of Muellners Foundation(“Foundation”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) and its subsidiaries, affiliates and partners including the Foundation’s primary data processor and protection agency: Muellners ApS(“Muellners”).
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Legal Helpdesk, Please raise a ticket at the Open Constitution Help Center or by post to: Muellners Foundation C/o Muellners ApS, Nygade 3, 4.2 København, 1164, Denmark,
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the software program provided by the Foundation downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Foundation Member Space
- Foundation (referred to as either "Foundation", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Muellners Foundation, Nygade 3, 4.2 Copenhagen 1164, Denmark.
- Country refers to: Denmark
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Foundation. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed or appointed by the Foundation to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Foundation, to perform services related to the data or to assist the Foundation in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
a. Our website(s) and services at https://www.muellners.org, and any subdomains thereof, including but not limited to
https://muellners.info, https://muellners.biz https://finscale.org, https://finscale.biz, https://bitrupee.net,
https://muellnersfoundation.net and any subdomains thereof
https://muellnersfoundation.org and any subdomains thereof
https://muellnersfoundation.info and any subdomains thereof
b. Other URLs (both web browser and mobile) applications are hosted to collect confidential information and are generated through third-party services
b.1 Slack: Our Community space at https://muellnersorg.slack.com, private and public channels b.2 Discord: Our community space, public channels on Discord server
b.3 Our community space at Discourse: https://muellners.discourse.group
b.4 Our public and private source code repositories and member activity at Github: https://github.com/muellners
b.5 Our Facebook community space: https://facebook.com/muellnersorg
b.6 Our community spaces at Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/muellnersfoundation
Public group at https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12455196/
b.8 Our community’s documentation and public-facing records on Gitbook without a masked URL - https://muellners-foundation.gitbook.io and any URLs with the format: https://muellners-foundation.gitbook.io/example/
b.10 Google Workspace Account and Google Identity Provider
b.11 Project and Topic-based Telegram broadcast forums, maintained by Council & Committees of Open Constitution.
b.12 Docusign web and mobile application, maintained by Foundation.
b.13 Foundation's Salesforce Lightning, Non for Profit Success Cloud instance
By using the above-listed website, services, URLs, and third-party services, you trust us with your personal information. Muellners Foundation is the data controller.
We take your privacy very seriously beyond legally acceptable norms. In this data protection and privacy notice, we describe our policy. We seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this policy that you do not agree with, PLEASE DISCONTINUE USE of listed Sites or Apps and our services including third-party services.
This policy applies to all information collected through our website and services(listed below) and third-party application URLs ("Apps"), and/or any related services, subscriptions, sales, marketing or events (we refer to them collectively in this policy as the "Sites").
Website(s) and services, including connected third-party services;
https://muellnersfoundation.info and any subdomains thereof
https://opensource.exchange and any subdomains thereof
https://openconstitution.ai and any subdomains thereof
https://openconstitution.us and any subdomains thereof
https://open-bank.net, and any subdomains and custom domains thereof e.g. project.open-bank.net
https://upscalearts.org and any subdomains thereof
https://upscalearts.com and any subdomains thereof
https://councilpost.com and any subdomains thereof
https://councilpost.org and any subdomains thereof
https://councilpost.net and any subdomains thereof
https://councilpost.biz and any subdomains thereof
https://councilpost.info and any subdomains thereof
https://councilpost.us and any subdomains thereof
https://openbounty.us and any subdomains thereof
https://openbounty.info and any subdomains thereof
https://openbounty.biz and any subdomains thereof
Third Party/Other uniform resource locators(URLs) where Forms or (both web browser and mobile) applications are hosted to collect confidential information and are generated through third-party services(Slack, Discord, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Discourse, Gitbook, Atlassian, Github, Google Calendar, Telegram Broadcast channels, Stripe Inc), either directly shared to you by the Muellners on its own or public platforms of communication
- List of Third Party Legal Bodies, and 'Your' usage of the connected services is covered by this Data Processing and Control Notice.
Atlassian Inc. Google Inc. Slack Inc. Microsoft Inc. Github Inc. Gitbook Inc. Salesforce Inc. Civilised Discourse Construction Kit Inc. Canva Pty Ltd. Amazon Web Services Inc. Docusign Inc, Stripe Inc
These organisations support Open Constitution digital public goods and services, with their generous grants and Non for Profit programs.
Please read this policy carefully as it will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 2.HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- 3.WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- 4.WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
- 6.DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
- 7.HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- 8.IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- 9.HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- 10.HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- 11.DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- 12.WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- 13.CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- 14.DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- 15.DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- 16.HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
The personal information you disclose to us.
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use.
The personal information we collect can include the following: Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data. Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Linkedin, Gitbook, GitHub, slack, Twitter or other social media accounts. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. Information automatically collected In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps and other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many organisations, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected through our Apps In Short: We may collect information regarding your geo-location, mobile device, and Facebook permissions when you use our apps. If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s social media accounts, microphone, email, address, affiliation, legal name, interests, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
Social Media Permissions. We by default access your Facebook or Linkedin or Twitter basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public.
Information collected from other sources In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
The Foundation may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service and Apps, including monitoring the usage of our subscribed membership activity.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service and Apps. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a project: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the project, items or services You have participated in or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating and improving our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. We use personal information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons").
We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive:
To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process. See the section below headed "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" for further information.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS" below).
To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites or Apps.
To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Sites or Apps that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us by raising a ticket at the Open Constitution Help Center and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites or Apps.
To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
To enable user-to-user communications: We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent. To enforce our terms, conditions, guidelines, directives and policies.
To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating and improving our Sites or Apps, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Foundation assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our "services and Apps" to another Foundation.
- With partners of Open Constitution: We may share Your information with our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact in public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties. We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices.
If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation: Google AdSense
Allows users to Connect to their Third-Party Accounts: Facebook accounts, Google accounts, Instagram accounts, LinkedIn accounts and Twitter accounts
Communicate and Chat with Users: Facebook Customer Chat Content Optimisation, YouTube video embed
Data Backup and Security: Dropbox Backup Functionality
Infrastructure Optimisation: Cloudflare and IBMcloudservices, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
Invoice and Billing: Stripe, 2Checkout and GoCardless
Retargeting Platforms: Google Ads Remarketing and LinkedIn Website Retargeting
Social Media Sharing and Advertising: Facebook advertising, Facebook social plugins and LinkedIn advertising
User Account Registration and Authentication: Facebook Login, Google Sign-In, LinkedIn Sign-In and GitHub OAuth
User Commenting and Forums: Facebook Comments
Web and Mobile Analytics: Google Analytics
Webservices Hosting: Github and IBMcloudservices, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
Website Performance Monitoring: Cloudflare
Under certain circumstances, the Foundation may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency such as National Data Protection Authorities in Europe, Inter-Government agencies such as Interpol, Anti Money Laundering Agencies, government agencies of UN member states and non sanctioned countries).
The Foundation may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Muellners Foundation and its primary data processor
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the subscribed membership activity
- Protect the personal safety of other members of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own. Our servers are located in Germany, Singapore, the United States of America, and India. If you are accessing our Sites or Apps from outside Germany, Singapore, the United States of America, and India, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see "WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?" above), in India, Denmark, Germany, United Kingdom, United States, and other countries.
As such, the Muellners Foundation is committed to subjecting all personal information received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List. Muellners Foundation is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, the Muellners Foundation is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. FTC. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
The Foundation will retain Your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use Your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Foundation will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures. We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time. In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right
(i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information,
(ii) to request rectification or erasure;
(iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and
(iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. T
To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm Account Information
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Log into your account settings and update your user account.
If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites or Apps. To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Sites or Apps visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
■ Access your account settings and update preferences.
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites or Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites or Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Legal Helpdesk, Please raise a ticket at the Open Constitution Help Center. or by post to: C/o Muellners ApS, Nygade 3, 4.2 København, 1164, Denmark,
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, the "data controller" of your personal information is Muellners ApS, Denmark, the principal data processor legal entity, affiliated with Muellners Foundation.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Legal Helpdesk, Please raise a ticket at the Open Constitution Help Center. or by post to: C/o Muellners ApS, Nygade 3, 4.2 København, 1164, Denmark
If you are a resident of the Republic of India, the "data controller" of your personal information is Muellner Internet Pvt Ltd, India, the principal data processor legal entity, affiliated with Muellners Foundation.
If you are a resident elsewhere other than the European Economic Area and the Republic of India, the "data controller" of your personal information is Muellners ApS, Denmark, the principal data processor legal entity, affiliated with Muellners Foundation.
- ©2019-2022:Muellner Internet Pvt Ltd, New Delhi, India, AsiaCIN no-U72900DL2019PTC344870; PAN - AAMCM3873A; TAN - DELM33923B;
- ©2019-2022:Muellners® (frivilig forening) Foundation, Copenhagen, Denmark, EU CVR nummer- 41008407, P nummer- 1025331717;
- ©2020-2022:Muellners® ApS, Copenhagen, Denmark, EU CVR nummer- CVR nummer-41548304, P nummer -1026073886;
- Muellners® is a registered trademark of Muellner Internet Pvt Ltd, India and as per Vienna Codification.